Monday, October 18, 2010

October Oblate Meeting

Sorry it has taken so long for me to get the October posting up.
The remained of this month finds me in the Holy Land so I wanted to get something online before I fly out today.
At the past meeting we discussed the Prologue to the Rule; the discussion went well. Many of the oblates brought some wonderful insights and questions. Some of the main discussions involved: obedience, fear of the Lord, and the role of Saint Benedict as father.

The November meeting will be at 4:00PM as usual in the Monastic Chapter Room and we will be looking at chapter 1 - the kinds of monks.  Please remember to bring at least one question and one insight for the meeting to aide discussion.  Also consider how each of the "kinds of monks" listed might be applied to life outside of the monastery and how they might even be applied to the individual at different stages of their spiritual life.

I have some updating to do here on the blog, but as I said I wanted to at least get the plan for our next meeting up here and let you know what happened at the beginning of October.

Items of note: Fr. Marcus and myself head for Holy Land & Turkey October 18-Nov 2; Br. Jacob was home this past weekend working with Br. Benedict for the "Come and See" weekend for prospective candidates - two very promising candidates this weekend; SBP celebrated parents weekend with parent conferences, poetry outloud, and dinner and a show in the Gym.

Look forward to seeing all of you in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment